- Joseph Fair, Ph.D., MPHSan Francisco-Silicon Valley, États-UnisJoseph Fair, Ph.D., MPH https://www.yatedo.com/p/Joseph+Fair%2C+Ph.D.%2C+MPH/normal/449fcd193741d1174c6adc00404b825f https://media.linkedin.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_80_80/p/3/000/00d/30b/068de47.jpg Joseph Fair, Ph.D., MPH Southern Research InstituteSan Francisco-Silicon Valley, États-Unis
Location San Francisco-Silicon Valley, États-Unis
- I am field virologist and business entrepeneur seeking both scientific and business opportunities globally. Specifically, our group examines the human-animal interface at global "hotspots" for zoonotic disease transmission at our and partner's...Read More
- 06/2008 - 03/200904/2007 - 06/2008* Designed and implemented classical and next generation molecular and serological diagnostics for the World Health Organization Mano River Union Lassa Fever Network
* Oversaw hands-on laboratory and research training of national staff at the Kenema Government Hospital Lassa Fever Laboratory
* Conducted research aiming to elucidate the clinical pathology acute Lassa fever.
* Served as Principal Investigator of the High-Containment Pathogens Program for the Global Emerging Infections System (GEIS) Core Program
* Top-secret SSBI Security Clearance
* BSL-4 Certification08/2003 - 10/2007* Initiated novel research program aimed at developing commercial recombinant serological diagnostics for Lassa and other VHFs.
* Coordinated large working group consisting of partners/stakeholders from academia, privated industry, government, and non-government organizations.
* First Tulane student to pursue Ph.D. and MPH degrees concurrently and finished both within 4.5 years.
* Conducted extensive field work in West Africa.
* Received Avian Influenza training from the World Health Organization.05/2005 - 04/200709/2001 - 08/2003*Designed and implemented standard operating procedures for the Viral Hemorrhagic Disease Laboratory.
*Performed basic research at BSL3 on various Arbo and Arena viruses that cause human disease.
*Worked under the direct supervision of CJ Peters, Bob Tesh and Bob Shope.01/2000 - 09/2001Perfrom laboratory and field research aiming to elucidate the origins of HIV-1 in Central Africa. Serve as techinical liaison between Preston Marx's AIDS Animal Group and various laboratories associated with the Pasteur Institute International Network. Perform laboratory studies at the Tulane National Primate Research Center, the Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, the Institut Pasteur de Paris, and the Centre International de Recherche Medicales.03/2009Oversee GVFI’s global network of diagnostic and research laboratories.
Assist in writing, managing and executing research grants from the National Institutes of Health, the Dept. of Defense, the National Geographic Foundation, and the Google and Skoll Foundations.
Serve as WHO Collaborator on Lassa Fever.
Serve as Global Outbreak Alert & Response (GOARN) partner.08/2008Show All Professional Experiences (5)
- 2003 - 20072004 - 20061997 - 1999
- Loading... Please Wait...
2005-2007, Department of Defense Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation of Defense Pre-Doctoral Fellowship.2006, American Society for Tropical Medicine & Hygeine Travel Award.
I have a combined 12 years experience in Infectious Diseases and have lived and worked in West and Central Africa, as well as Eastern Europe, where I developed self-sustaining public health and research programs in Emerging Infectious Diseases. I have a combined PhD in Molecular Biology and MPH in Tropical Medicine, as well as a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology and trained under Nobel Laurette, Francoise Barre-Sinoussi at the Institut Pasteur.
Yatedo is a search engine helping people find other people with public information on the Internet.
Yatedo’s robots continually scan the web (social networks, web pages, blogs, pictures…) and produce beautiful profiles in the form of digital resumes.
Yatedo provides you with a fully customizable and professional-looking profile which centralizes all of your public information (including social media accounts). You can edit key information at any time and manage your online presence in just a few clicks.
Your centralised and up-to-date online presence in the form of a digital resume not only showcases your professional experiences in a beautiful way, but also facilitates and increases your exposure with recruiters.
Whether you are looking to claim your Yatedo profile for professional or personal reasons, you will have access to valuable insights such as the number of people who viewed your profile and where they come from.